Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Aureole experience

Note: This is a very old post (last November) I never got around to publish.


The wine list was a bit of a letdown because I expected a better representation of varietals. It is mostly american, and while it is a very good american wine list, it is still too one-dimensional for me. I wanted a Beaune, and had to settle for a very good Oregon Drouhin. Still no Burgundy though...

The "spanish composition" tuna tartare with romesco was a great way to start the evening.

The main dish was a rack of lamb that was very tender and flavorful.

The wife's selection of monfish with pancetta was a good surprise. Better than expected.

We had the chocolate decandence dessert. pot de creme, chocolate molten cake, raspberry sorbet and a blueberry compote. Awesome and paired great with the wine.

While the place was nice, I don't see the attraction to return, given all the other choices that are now available in Vegas. Maybe with a group dinner, it might be more interesting, but I have other places to check out before I think about returning.

Later,

No comments: